A new year means new possibilities. Rather than dwelling on the past, use the start of this season to focus on all the things you can look forward to in the coming months.
- Enjoy nature coming back to life after winter. Spending time outside makes a huge difference to our mental wellbeing. Take some time to yourself to relax and appreciate all the season has to offer. A bunch of daffodils brings cheer to any desk!
- As the temperature warms it becomes easier to attend outdoor venues and gatherings, as well as taking part in outdoor exercise. Do your best to get out more, even if it’s just a walk around the block.
- For some, getting a good night’s sleep can be hard this time of year due to the changing daylight hours. As good sleep is essential to keeping stress levels low, check out these tips to getting some much-needed rest:
- Try to establish a routine.
- Avoid using screens before bed.
- Try to match your sleeping environment to your needs (experimenting with different light-levels, temperatures, and noise levels for example).
Don’t forget you can access free Mental Health Awareness training support and Stress Management – A Line Managers Guide through our website portal How To HR (management section).https://breathingspacehr.co.uk/how-to-hr/
KEY AWARENESS DATES THIS SPRING
|Neurodiversity Celebration Week||14th – 19th March 2022|
|International Sleep Day||18th March 2022|
|International Day of Happiness||20th March 2022|
|National Walk to Work Day||1st April 2022|
|Stress Awareness Month||1st – 29th April 2022|
|World Day for Safety and Health at Work||28th April 2022|
|World Maternal Mental Health Day||5th May 2022|
|Mental Health Awareness Week||10th – 15th May 2022|
|Eat What You Want Day||11th May 2022|
|Learning at Work Week||17th – 22nd May 2022|